Do you live and breathe Communications? Are you clever at video making, well-versed in WordPress, with strong design skills? Inclusion Europe is looking for a motivated and proactive individual to join its team in Brussels for 6 months, starting on 10 July 2019. If you combine communications experience with an interest in disability, you might be just the person for us! A great eye for detail is a must, and so is a bit of patience and a strong desire to learn. In return, you’ll get to know the ins and outs of communications work at a Brussels-based NGO, with room to contribute and implement your own ideas.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Degree in journalism, communications, European affairs or equivalent (bachelor level sufficient)
• Excellent command of English, both spoken and written. A good command of French is desirable. Additional languages are an asset.
• Appropriate computer skills (Microsoft Office package)
• Experience in graphic design and movie editing programmes (InDesign, filmora)
• Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS), particularly Wordpress
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally
• Knowledge of social media
• Producing and editing features for Inclusion Europe’s information tools (website, newsletter, specific publications)
• Writing easy-to-read texts in collaboration with the easy-to-read editor
• Publishing articles and other content on our website
• Design work (e.g. graphics to share on social media and the website)
• Filming and editing short films using movie editing programmes
• Collaborating in the preparation of Inclusion Europe’s events
• Assisting in the production of ‘Europe for Us’ and other newsletters
• Participating in external meetings with different European institutions and organisations, and draft related reports and articles
The contract will be governed by the Belgian law on ‘professional immersion’ and will provide the successful candidate with an income of 781 euros per month (before taxes), plus meal vouchers.
Deadlines and requirements
The traineeship should start on 10 July 2019 and last for six months (until 10 January 2020). Interested candidates should apply by submitting a detailed CV, cover letter, one example of design or video work they did, and one unedited writing sample to email@example.com by 17 June 2019. Please use “Communications Trainee” as a subject line. Due to the large number of expected applications, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The candidate must have a valid work permit for Belgium at the time of application.
Please note: This is NOT an advocacy/policy traineeship. We regularly publish calls for trainees in this area, please consult our website to stay informed.