Inclusion Europe is looking for a motivated and proactive individual to join its team in Brussels for 6 months. If you combine communications experience with an interest in disability and inclusion, you might be just the person for us.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Experience or degree in journalism, communications, European affairs
• Excellent command of English, both spoken and written. Good command of French is desirable.
• Appropriate computer skills (Microsoft Office package)
• Experience in graphic design and movie editing programmes
• Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS), particularly WordPress
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally
• Knowledge of social media
• A valid work permit for Belgium at the time of application.
• Producing and editing features for Inclusion Europe’s information tools (website, newsletter, specific publications)
• Writing easy-to-read texts in collaboration with the easy-to-read editor
• Writing and publishing articles and other content on our website
• Design work (e.g. graphics to share on social media and the website)
• Filming and editing short films using movie editing programmes
• Collaborating in the preparation of Inclusion Europe’s events
• Assisting in the production of ‘Europe for Us’ and other newsletters
• Participating in external meetings with different European institutions and organisations, and draft related reports and article
The contract will be governed by the Belgian law on ‘professional immersion’ and will provide the successful candidate with an income of 781 euros per month (before taxes), plus meal vouchers.
Deadlines and requirements
The start of the traineeship is flexible. The earliest start could be in November 2020, and it would last for 6 months.
Candidates apply by submitting:
- a CV and or a LinkedIn profile link with all information;
- portfolio of relevant documents, articles or graphics
- a cover letter that answers three questions: Why do you want to work with us, what is your relevant experience and what do you want to learn in 6 months.
Send your application to email@example.com by 15 November 2020 with the subject line “Comms trainee 2020”.
Due to a large number of expected applications, please note:
- we will confirm the receipt of every full application (CV, cover letter, portfolio);
- we will respond with an invitation only to selected candidates.
- selected candidates will be invited for personal or online interviews.
Due to COVID-19 situation, the start of the traineeship is possible as remote work from any EU country.
Our work brings the voice of people with intellectual disabilities and their families where decisions about their future are made.
This has always been incredibly important. It is even more so with the Covid pandemic drastic impact on their rights and lives.
Being visible and vocal on issues directly affecting millions of people requires your support.
Become Inclusion Europe supporter and help us keep doing our work.