Affirming the rights of people with disabilities in the European Union
European Strategy on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
The European Disability Strategy should:
- Address the importance of the right to make decisions;
- Establish clear targets to end segregation;
- Address violence against women with intellectual disabilities;
- Recognise the role of families in fulfilling rights and providing support to their relatives with disabilities;
- Connect to peoples‘ experiences and be easier to understand.
Throughout the strategy, particular attention needs to be paid to:
- Children with intellectual disabilities and their families;
- Women with intellectual disabilities;
- People with complex support needs and their families.
Specific expectations submitted during consultations in October 2020
European Disability Strategy 2010-2020
Information about the strategy.