“Self-advocacy is all about getting stronger and making our voices heard.”
The European Platform of Self-Advocates is made up of organisations of self-advocates from different countries in Europe.
We call it EPSA.
It is part of Inclusion Europe.
EPSA has been representing self-advocacy organisations in Europe since 2000.
- We tell people about the rights, abilities and needs of people with intellectual disabilities.
- We represent self-advocacy groups in Europe.
- We speak to decision-makers about what is important to self-advocates.
- We publish accessible information about important European issues.
EPSA works to make the European self-advocacy movement stronger.
- We teach self-advocates how they can speak for themselves.
- We organise conferences to exchange experiences.
- We work to make self-advocacy known everywhere in Europe.
- We maintain an up-to-date list of self-advocacy organisations.
- We publish guidelines on topics that are of interest to and concern self-advocacy.
- The EPSA recommendations on Legal Capacity
- Easy-to-read version of the European Disability Strategy.
- Rules to help ensure good support.
- Rules for meetings and conferences.
Europe needs more self-advocates to help get a better life for people with intellectual disabilities.
We need your help to get the job done!
Learn more about EPSA:
- View the EPSA website.
- Get the EPSA newsletter “Europe for Us!”
- Find out why it is good to be part of EPSA.
- Or simply send us an e-mail at email@example.com
Find out more about self-advocacy:
Read here our articles dealing with self-advocacy
Our work brings the voice of people with intellectual disabilities and their families where decisions about their future are made.
This has always been incredibly important. It is even more so with the Covid pandemic drastic impact on their rights and lives.
Being visible and vocal on issues directly affecting millions of people requires your support.
Become Inclusion Europe supporter and help us keep doing our work.