Click on a word which is in blue and bold to read what it means.
There were 4 speakers:
- Rebekka Wiemann
- Katrin Langensiepen
- Stefan Trömel
- Silvia Muñoz
Rebekka explained how the Council of the European Union
supports people with disabilities:
- The building of the Council of the European Union is accessible.
- The Council of the European Union creates guidelines on reasonable accommodations.
- The Council of the European Union organises paid traineeships for people with disabilities.
- They want that persons with disabilities get support to find a job.
- They want persons with disabilities to be paid the same as persons without disabilities.
- They want that persons with disabilities feel safe in their workplace.
Stefan talked about the United Nations Disability Strategy.
The United Nations Disability Strategy is a plan.
This plan helps the United Nations include
people with disabilities in everything they do.
- Help more people with disabilities to work for the United Nations.
- Give staff information and training about how to include people with disabilities.
Silvia presented a project of Plena inclusión.
This project supports the public sector
to employ people with intellectual disabilities.
For example, Plena inclusión
- prepares employment calls,
- provides easy-to-read trainings materials for candidates,
- supports people with intellectual disabilities with job coaches.
Watch the online event: