Inclusion Europe is looking for a motivated and committed individual to join our team in Brussels for 6 months, starting February 2020. If you care about disability rights and policies and have good writing and oral skills, you might be just the person for us. The trainee will work closely with other members of our team on key policy actions; will participate in meetings with EU institutions and civil society organisations; and will support the organisation of events, sometimes abroad.
- Monitors and analyses relevant disability policy related updates both at the national, European and international level;
- Contributes to draft policy briefs and background documents as well as position paper on education;
- Participates in drafting responses to European (EU institutions and Council of Europe) and International (CRPD Committee, Special Rapporteur) consultations;
- Participates in external meetings with European institutions and organisations, and drafts related reports;
- Assists in the organisation of internal events and stakeholder consultations.
Candidate profile (skills, knowledge and interest):
- Good command of English both written and oral;
- Good knowledge of disability policies at both European and international level;
- Experience in a European NGOs on human rights and/or disability issues is an advantage;
- Ability to organise one’s own work and manage own time
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office package)
- Additional languages are an asset.
The contract will be governed by the Belgian law on ‘professional immersion’ and will provide the successful candidate with an income of € 796 per month (before taxes), plus meal vouchers.
Deadlines and requirements
The traineeship should start in February 2020, and last for 6 months.
Candidates apply by submitting:
- a structured CV;
- a cover letter with specific reasons for your interest in traineeship at Inclusion Europe and expectations from the 6 months with us.
Send your application to email@example.com by 17 January 2020 with the subject line “Policy Trainee February 2020”.
Due to the large number of expected applications, please note:
- we will confirm the receipt of every full application (CV, cover letter);
- we will respond with invitation only to selected candidates.
Selected candidates will be invited for personal or online interviews.
Our work brings the voice of people with intellectual disabilities and their families where decisions about their future are made.
This has always been incredibly important. It is even more so with the Covid pandemic drastic impact on their rights and lives.
Being visible and vocal on issues directly affecting millions of people requires your support.
Become Inclusion Europe supporter and help us keep doing our work.