Inclusion Europe is looking for a motivated person to join our team in Brussels for 6 months, starting September 2020. If you care about disability rights and policies and have good writing and oral skills, you might be the right person. The trainee will work on our key policy actions; will contribute to research and development of papers; will participate in meetings and the organisation of events.
- Monitors and analyses relevant disability policy related updates both at the national, European and international level;
- Contributes to draft policy briefs and background documents as well as position paper on education;
- Participates in drafting responses to European (EU institutions and Council of Europe) and international (CRPD Committee, Special Rapporteur) consultations;
- Participates in meetings with European institutions and organisations, and drafts related reports;
- Assists in the organisation of internal events and stakeholder consultations.
- Assist self-advocacy activities.
Candidate profile (skills, knowledge and interest)
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken, additional languages are an asset;
- Good understanding of disability policies at both European and international level;
- Experience in a European NGOs on human rights and/or disability issues is a plus;
- Ability to organise one’s own work and manage own time;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office package).
The contract will be governed by the Belgian law on ‘professional immersion’ and will provide the successful candidate with an income of € 796 per month (before taxes), plus meal vouchers.
Deadlines and requirements
The traineeship should start in September 2020 and last for 6 months.
Apply by submitting:
- a structured CV;
- a cover letter with specific reasons for your interest in traineeship at Inclusion Europe and expectations from the 6 months with us.
Send your application to email@example.com by 26 July 2020 with the subject line “Policy Trainee September 2020”.
Due to the large number of expected applications, please note:
- we will confirm the receipt of every full application (CV, cover letter);
- we will respond with invitation to online interview to selected candidates only.
Selected candidates will be invited for personal or online interviews at the end of July.
Our work brings the voice of people with intellectual disabilities and their families where decisions about their future are made.
This has always been incredibly important. It is even more so with the Covid pandemic drastic impact on their rights and lives.
Being visible and vocal on issues directly affecting millions of people requires your support.
Become Inclusion Europe supporter and help us keep doing our work.