The European Parliament of Persons with Disabilities is a one-day event that brings together over 600 disability advocates.
The European Parliament of Persons with Disabilities is a platform to discuss the rights of persons with disabilities and decide on the political demands of the European disability movement.
The event takes place in the European Parliament in Brussels, usually one year ahead of the European Elections.
23 May in Brussels
On 23 May 2023, the 5th edition of this event will take place.
There will be European elections in 2024.
Inclusion Europe encourages our members and especially self-advocates and their organisations to participate in the event. It is important to show a strong presence of people with intellectual disabilities in Europe.
If you want to attend the EPPD, you need to be part of one of the national delegations.
- Visit EDF National Delegations page (you need to be signed in to access it) to find the contact of your country coordinator to be able to come to Brussels to follow the event.
- Or get in touch with Helen Portal for more information.
Training for Inclusion Europe members on 22 May
Inclusion Europe organise training training for our members coming to participate in the EPPD.
This training takes place in the afternoon of 22 May, from 14:00 to 17:30.
The training is about campaigning, communications, and working with the media.
Location: avenue des arts 3, Brussels (Inclusion Europe office)
- Millions of voters with disabilities in the European Union may not be able to participate in EP elections in 2024
- European Parliament in defence of rights of people with intellectual disabilities and their families in times of Covid-19 emergency
- Previous EPPD: “What if all people had to do a test to vote?” – Inclusion Europe board member Harry Roche
- Elect campaign
- Information about the right to vote and accessible elections.
Watch more videos about the EU.
Our work brings the voice of people with intellectual disabilities and their families where decisions about their future are made.
This has always been incredibly important. It is even more so with the Covid pandemic drastic impact on their rights and lives.
Being visible and vocal on issues directly affecting millions of people requires your support.
Become Inclusion Europe supporter and help us keep doing our work.