As a part of our 5E’s campaigns (Empower, Elect, Educate, Employ, End segregation) this briefing looks at how denial of legal capacity impact employment of people with intellectual disabilities. The document is available in English, French, German, and Polish.
Legal capacity is important because it is a condition to access many other rights.
- Most people with intellectual disabilities are still excluded from the labour market.
- Among the obstacles that people with intellectual disabilities face when looking for employment, deprivation of their legal capacity definitely is one of them.
Contents of the briefing:
- Legal capacity as a condition to have a job
- Legal capacity and autonomy
- Consequences of denial of legal capacity on employment
- Employment as a possibility to be a part of the community
Read the briefing (English original auto-translated):
- English: Employment and legal capacity (.pdf)
- Deutsch: Beschäftigung und Rechtsfähigkeit (.pdf)
- français: Emploi et capacité juridique (.pdf)
- polski: Zatrudnienie i zdolność prawna (.pdf)
Our work brings the voice of people with intellectual disabilities and their families where decisions about their future are made.
This has always been incredibly important. It is even more so with the Covid pandemic drastic impact on their rights and lives.
Being visible and vocal on issues directly affecting millions of people requires your support.
Become Inclusion Europe supporter and help us keep doing our work.